Monday, January 22, 2007

The Last Word? Hardly.



So, the slippers don't actually look anything like this, as you can see on Jen's blog where the picture actually exists. But this is how I envisioned them when I first read Jen's lede, so it's how I told Rob he should draw them.

Jen's Last Word ran last week and it's gotten great feedback on CiNWeekly.com, which is very cool.

You can read the original version here. I had to edit it down for space so the lede is a little bit different, but the slippers are intact. The original is longer and better, but the print version comes with the very cute slippers drawing and a picture Jen took of herself in my apartment before they left.

In other news from Detroit, Jen had her first A1 story today and will have another one tomorrow. What's better is that the Detroit News totally schooled the Free Press on the story, which didn't have it in today's paper at all.

You're going to have to wake up pretty early in the morning, Free Press, to pull one over on the Detroit Dynamo.

3 comments:

Brian said...

The Detroit Free Press? Isn't that where your favorite writer, Mitch Albom works? Jen is so lucky she gets to read his stuff everyday.
Gina you know your blog will always hold a special place in my heart, it was after all my first. These other fly by night blogs will soon lose their luster and you'll regain top status. Paul has already resorted to using Orville Redenbacher...so hacky and predictable.

Gina said...

I know Big Bri. I'll be here when you're ready to come back.

Now, more about my love of Mitch Albom. Ahh yes, sweet, sweet, Mitch.

Anonymous said...

I gotta get me some of those slippers.