Monday, January 01, 2007

Dancelife Dilemma

First I wasn't. Then I definitely wasn't. Last week I thought I might. Now I think I definitely will.

Maybe.

I stopped taking dance class in the fall and was absolutely liberated that my Wednesday nights were free again. The winter session starts January 15, and I wasn't going to sign up. But then I saw a preview for J.Lo's Dancelife on MTV, her reality show that follows would-be professional dancers.

I know it's crazy, but I can totally see myself getting addicted to that show and then wishing I had a dance class to go to.

So I thought I better sign up so I don't get dance-envy. But what if J. Lo's show sucks? Then I've signed up for dance again, my Wednesday nights are spoken for and what I really want to do to is go home and watch TV. (But not watch Dancelife, because in this scenario, Dancelife sucks.)

But it could be completely addicting and dance-inspiring... And I'll be the big slug on the couch not dancing. Or I'll be the strange girl gettin' down in her living room.

The premier is January 15, the same day winter classes start. So I can't even watch the show first, then decide.

Damn you, Dancelife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do it, girl.