Saturday, May 23, 2009

Omg, Omg, Omg, You Guys

Thursday night was Big. HUGE. Like the best night ever.

EV.ER.

My girl Kari was home visiting from NYC, which already makes it fabulous, but on top of that the Taking the Stage crew was at the Southgate House where Mia was playing a show. It was awesome on top of awesome.

When Adam and I walked up to the Southgate House we saw the giant MTV cameras everywhere and were immediately directed to sign a release form, you know, in case we ended up in any scenes. (Please god, please let at least my arm be in an episode.) But what this also means is that there is going to be a TTS season two. YES.

We walk toward the door after signing our lives away and Adam is all, "Tyler and JJ are on the porch right now." And I'm all, "OMG WHERE?!" And he's all, "Right there!" and I'm all, "Omg! Tyler and JJ are right there!" and Adam is all, "I just said that."

Of course we grab a table on the porch so I can spy on them.

I'm pretty sure I was the only superfan. Somehow I imagined people like myself coming up to them and being like, "Oh yay! It's you!" But it wasn't like that at all. Instead we were surrounded by hipsters who were there to see the The Darlins and the Whosy-Whatsees or whatever, who were playing upstairs from Mia.

As we spied Tyler and JJ walked down to the street, like they were leaving, and I was all, "Nooooooo!"

Adam kept telling me to go down there and get a photo with them, but I didn't want to be weird and there was no one else doing that and plus they were talking to a producer. So I kept saying, "No I can't, it's weird" and Adam kept saying, "What's the big deal, you're a big fan. You're going to regret this."

Finally we walked down to where they were and... I turned into a total spaz.

"Tyler I love you..." is what I said. Yeah. I know. NOT COOL. Then in my head I was like, "Whoa girl, he's like, 18, take it down a notch." So I added, "But not in a weird way. You know what I mean." Awkward!

Then we posed for this stunning photo.



Look how happy we look. It's destiny.

Then I had his BFF JJ take a photo with me, and JJ is just as kinetic and crazy as he is on the show. He was like, "You're a fan?! That's awesome!" And he started kinda dancing around, which made me kinda weirdly dance around too. This scene is best captured by this weird, unflattering photo. But still, ow ow!



By then we realized we had actually missed Mia's performance and The Seedy Seeds were setting up. I love them, so it was all good, but imagine how fun it would have been to see Mia play with all the MTV cameras around and Tyler and JJ and the rest of the Taking the Stage cast lingering about. Ugh. Next time.

During the Seedy Seeds my friend Katherine (a TTS fan in her own right) spotted Mia and we decided to follow her outside. (What, is that weird?) But you guys won't even believe who she was out there with - Brian! The boy who unceremoniously dumped her in the first episode! Katherine and I were all, Wtf Mia? (To each other, not to Mia.)

And then we took this photo with her.



Afterwards I chatted with her and her man, Brian (sneak peak season two, y'all, they're back together!), and asked him if everyone thinks he's a big jerk because of the first episode. He told me he did look like an "asshole" but that most kids at his school (Lakota East, he hates it) don't really say anything.

Then Mia said, "Yeah, that was wack," to which I replied, "wiggity wack, or just regular type?" and she said, "regular type." Then we looked at each other and both said " HomeStar Runner! " at the same time and laughed and slapped hive-fives. Brian goes, "I can't believe you know that, that's awesome."

Total awesome, because I am preternaturally cool. Usually. When I'm not weirdly tween-girlish about bumping into an 18-year-old dancer on the sidewalk outside the Southgate House.

A few steps down was Aaron Chin Beard, so we took a photo with him too.



Afterwards I was all, "Aaron, what's up with you and Mia? And are you in school now?" He said he has a new girlfriend and is a "drop-out." I was all, "Aaron, what are you going to do with your life, you need to go back to school!" He said he's going to get GED but I was all, "Ok yes of course, you have too, but what's your big picture plan here?" To which he said, "music."

Hmm, I feel like Aaron needs some guidance and a backup plan. Maybe TTS could hire me as Aaaron's career counselor.

I also felt kinda bad about calling him Chin Beard all this time on my blog - sorry Aaron! - because he really was a sweet, genuinely nice kid. And Mia was fabulous too.

But all of this left me wondering, "Who's Tyler dating then?!"

Guess we'll see next season!

Mia also told me that the filming at the Southgate House on Thursday is intended to be the first episode of season two. Please god, please don't let me get hit by a bus before I get to see the episode that might possibly show the back of my head.

Coming soon I swear, the Taking The Stage season finale. But after Thursday, we're already so far ahead of the game here. You're welcome, you guys!

1 comment:

Lizz said...

Ok I don't know what TTS is. I'm assuming it's a show you're addicted to on MTV. But yeah, how totally cool (and not at all creepy) that you got to take pics with them and stuff.