Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Goooood Morning Hyde Park!





If you're an ambulance chasing lawyer, then my street is where you need to be. No fewer than a half dozen ambulances and fire trucks speed past our apartment, sirens blaring, every day. Many of these speed past in the middle of the night.

Last night we were awakened at 2 a.m. by this scene: Four cop cars and about six fire trucks, right outside our apartment.

I jumped to the window expecting to see flames lighting up the sky. Instead, a whole bunch of fire firefighters just seemed to be poking around in a manhole and carrying a giant hose around. (It sounds way more titilating than it was.)

I've started grabbing my video camera when this happens so I can edit together a bunch of clips of fire trucks and ambulances barreling down Madison Road. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Katie @ CiN said...

Did the crazy motorcycles go by your place last night too? I wanted to call the cops because about 8 guys on motorcycles flew by more than once going about 100 mph. I think they were just zooming up and down Madison for fun.