Sunday, July 15, 2007

Foiled Again



This morning I woke up and decided to go to law school.

Never mind that I don't have 40 grand, I test poorly and going back to school would be an utter nightmare. But after seeing Sicko last night, I decided if I had a law degree I could sue the beejesus out of evil insurance companies on behalf of people who get their health insurance dropped and claims denied for stupid reasons. (Like they breath too loud.)

So this morning I researched nearby law schools and the application process, cost and curriculum. I announced to the Tall Drink of Water that we'll be even more poor for three or four years, but that eventually I'll get to stick it to loathesome companies. (And perhaps I'll wear a cape while doing this.) He seemed less than thrilled but feigned support.

Gung-go, I went to the Cincinnati Public Library's Web site (which is fantastic) to reserve some LSAT preparation books, and even though I have my library card number, I can't remember my PIN. And the library is closed on Sundays. Damn.

Looks like I won't be going to law school and stickin' it to the man.

TDW said I could just call tomorrow, but I know I won't. Tomorrow I'll be back in work mode and won't have time to think about stickin' it to the man because I'll be too busy working for the man.

"Nah," he said. "You won't give up until you get the books. This'll last until the end of the week, when you see the test questions."

KHHHHH! (That's me hissing.)

4 comments:

Paul said...

Clearly you need a good fact checker, because those quotes attributed to me are erroneous!

Anonymous said...

That's what I heard.

Besides, this is MY story. Don't go letting the facts interrupt a good story.

Yvette said...

Girl, I say at least get the books and read the questions. I'm betting their not quite what you'd expect. This was always my dream that never quite got put into motion. Something always held me back (aka. myself). I did get as far as studying for the LSAT and getting applications. I was going to stick to the man in the form of a divorce attorney.

Anonymous said...

For future reference -- should you next decide to pursue law -- your PIN at the library is the last four digits of your phone number (at least the one you used when you signed up for your card).