Sunday, July 15, 2007

15 Days of Fabulous Shoes



These little black beauties have inspired the Summer Shoe Challenge.

After spending months, years even, crying neglected in the back of my closet, I wore them to work last week and decided that all my abandoned shoes deserve to be shown off.

So for the next 15 days, Julie and Kari and I are going to wear a different pair of shoes. The rule is that you can wear any pair of shoes you want, but you can wear them only once during the 15 days. (Except for weekends, then it's every shoe for itself.)

The same two or three pairs of shoes I always wear are going to get a bit of a rest, while the rest of my footwear will finally get the red carpet (er, sidewalk) treatment. And this will help me decide what shoes should ultimately be given to Goodwill.

We're going to take photos each day and write a little post about how each pair came to land in our closet, if we wear them or why we don't and post it on Julie's Stylista Blog.

You should definitely check it out. There's going to be some fabulous shoes!

Ooh! And if you have a fantastic pair of shoes you want to dig out and show off, email a photo of them to me and we'll post it in our special Fabulous Shoe Guest Spot. (It's very official because it's in caps.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina (aka "Hot Legs"),
Why are you so great and why have you allowed me into your "blogosphere"? (I know it was by accident, but I hope you'll still let me read and comment without really knowing me?)
This is such a good post. I have way more shoes than I need, but there's always that feeling of "what if I wear a purple jacket with green shorts?" and "what if there's a wedding in Spain in March?" and "what if I'm digging for clams in the backyard next week?"
Brian kids me about my shoes, because they fill a laundry basket and four shelves in "my" closet. I don't mind his kidding, because he's right. And so are you! I'm going to purge this week; you've inspired me. Tomorrow I will wear my trusty Tevas and pack a box for Purple Heart (most of these haven't been worn or are slightly worn, so I'm okay with giving them to charity; I've never understood why people donate crappy clothes or shoes).
I want to hear more about the Summer Shoe Challenge, though. And if one of you says you have a nice brown satin heel you're looking to get rid of, I'll take it.

Anonymous said...

ps: I forgot to mention I wear a 6 1/2 or 7.

Gina said...

Welcome to GinaBlogs, Amanda. Get comfy. Make yourself at home!

There are lots of shoes here and posts about random things, such as more shoes and sometimes books and what's on TV.

It's a good time.

So last night, knowing that I have to wear a different pair of shoes for the next 15 days, forced me to plan out my outfits for the next week. Like, what if I wear a pair of shoes too early in the mix and I need them later for a certain outfit? Then I'm screwed!

I tell ya, this is more challenging than it seems on the surface.

I bet if I had some Tevas to wear while thinking all of this over it'd be better. :)

Take a photo of some of those "wedding in Spain in March" shoes email it to me. I'll post them on the blog!