Thursday, July 05, 2007

All Grownsed Up Now



I just cracked over 20,000 page views on this little blog of mine. (It's taken a year and eight months.)

Google is probably gonna wanna buy it soon.

To celebrate I've added a few people to my blog roll: The irrepressible Rob and my old friend Yvette, who writes such sweet posts about her kids I think she missed her calling as a writer. This one is my favorite, for making me a witness to their innocence and escapades.

Speaking of celebrating, Gina's Blog would like to nominate a reader of this blog to host a Blogger Party. Like, everyone who reads this blog or has a blog that's read by anybody (in the world) should throw a party so we can all talk nerd-talk about blogs and what-have-you. Mostly what-have-you, but the blogs would be an excuse to get together.

It could be a costume party. Everyone could dress up like their blog. The Tall Drink of Water could dress up in Reds stuff since he blogs about the Reds a lot. Or he could dress up like a clergyman and everyone would have to yell Paullelujah! whenever he came into a room.

Jen would come as Diana Ross (or another Motown soulstress) since she writes about Detriot. And I could come as a newspaper, all black and inky. (But no one under 35 would want to hang out/read me - 'cause they'd be reading me online for free.)

Or we could not dress up at all. But that'd be less fun.

Anyway, I'm off to Red River Gorge for an upcoming cover story. In the meantime, I've been busy on my Flickr page if you're up for clicking through some July 4, wedding and reunion photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google hasn't propositioned you yet? Silly company has no idea what it's missing.

Umm, perhaps you should move to Ann Arbor, Mich. where Google has a sparkly new office so you can give those numbskulls a piece of your mind...and then live here forever!

Ronson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronson said...

Not to jump in on your celebration, but Ronsonville is about to eclipse the 8,000 mark in page views. Hmmm, wait -- that seems low. I think my counter thingy is broken.

Google has called me, but they've all been prank calls. Frickin' Google.

I'm all for this party, I think instead of costumes we all need to decorate rooms in the theme of our blogs. Maybe we can find an abandoned warehouse...