Monday, December 12, 2005

Somebody's Got A Case of the Mondays

This morning as I was walking to my car there was a big patch of ice sliding down the hill.

Except I thought it was water.

So I didn't hesitate to step on it. I was all: "No problem! Look at me... just walking to my car in the morning as sure footed as anyone. Wearin' my pink pants and green coat and scarf. Yep, I'm lookin' gooooood. I even showered this morning!"

Next thing I know I'm sliding down the hill on my knee and my purse is sliding down the hill in front of me. And I made this odd, high pitched sort of groan as the ice peeled away a few layers of skin.

I was too lazy to go back inside and change out of my dirty pants, now with a black mark on the knee. The real bummer about the whole thing though is that my knee is barely skinned. As I was sliding I kinda hoped for a more severe injury, some blood and bruises, puntuated with a rip across my pants.

Alas...

3 comments:

big bri said...

Maybe if you'd wear a little more flair these things wouldn't happen. What do you expect when all you do is the bare minimum?

Mr. Burns said...

But how is your fun little purse?

Gina said...

I don't really want to talk about my flair. Or the tragedy that was seeing my fun little red purse slide down the hill.