Sunday, November 30, 2008

And I'm Spent

The four day weekend was packed.

Saw Four Christmases on Wednesday night. It was pretty good for a holiday confection movie. Of course I'll watch Vince Vaughn in just about anything. (I'm one of only four people in the world who saw Be Cool.)

I went home for Thanksgiving for the first time in years. So much family packed into the kitchen that we had the equivalent of the "kids card table." I ate my body weight in noodles and pie as I silently counted our blessings.

I had the benefit of seeing the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with a 7-year-old on Friday. I told her I looked exactly like a Rockette as I did kicks in the living room before we left. When we got to US Bank Arena she saw a lifesize cutout of the dancers and looked at me and said, "You don't look anything like a Rockette." Hahaha - cute kid. I know she only said that because I didn't have my hair pulled back. Right? Right?

On Saturday I brunched and shoe shopped with Kari, just like old times. She and Julie were back in town from NYC and we all celebrated Saturday night with dinner at Nada and '80s dancing at the Gypsy Hut. I don't understand why those two insist on going back "home." Like having a job and living in a giant, diverse city with so much to offer is that cool. Psshhht.

After all this (and partially because of last night's revelry), I didn't get out of bed today until 1. Then I went shoe shopping again, only this time at the Running Spot. Like I need another pair of running shoes, but seriously, they were on sale, how could I not? And besides, I'm going to have to run off all the pumpkin pie I've been eating.

Speaking of pumpkin pie... Mmmm, I do believe I'm gonna have me a piece right about now. Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Woo hoo! So much fun!

Um, P.S. - Running Spot is having a SALE?!