Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Snack Ninja



This is my new desk space. Next to the microwave AND mini-fridge.

I know, right?! AWESOME.

When I asked my new boss-man about this arrangement he said, "You do like to snack, right?"

Busted.

This week alone there's been lots of snack action, mostly of the Japanese variety. First there was this cookie. My thought when it was given to me was, "How bad can it be? It looks like a tiny waffle."



Turns out, pretty bad. It went down like a Girl Scout lemon cookie. Unfortch the aftertaste was like vomit. And I think it gave me a headache too.

Then today I was instructed to try one of these little snacks and rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. "Looks like a smashed tater tot," I said. "How bad can it be?"



Turns out, it was delicious. I gave it a 7.5. Crispy like a rice cracker, but with a touch of spice.

Needless to say the new gig at the Heart Institute is going swimmingly.

And if you work on my floor and you put something delicious in the microwave and you're not there to get it out... Can't prove it.

No comments: