Monday, June 29, 2009

Eating My Feelings



Tonight as my boss man was leaving he said he was going to a dinner... at Nada. He seemed less than excited.

I reacted coolly.

"OMGosh, really?! I love Nada! Get the chicken tacos, they're like CRACK."

Still he was unconvinced, which just goes to show you that you can be a brilliant scientist and co-director of a big time Heart Institute yet still have no clue about other important things... like chicken tacos.

Had I not sounded like a complete freak I'd have outlined for him my Nada strategy:

• I like to kick things off with a Nadarita. At $7 it's the cheapest margarita on the drink list, but it's still guaranteed to knock you on your ass. Two thumbs up!

• Chips and salsa are a must. Of course.

• Sure it's $17 for three tacos, but believe me when I tell you that you will steal money from your best friends to pay $5 each for these delicious black bean puree, pico and guacamole chicken tacos.

• But what I really want while at Nada is someone to order the chicken tacos while I order the Mexican mac 'n cheese. (Or vice-versa.) I know what you're thinking, mac 'n cheese? LAME.

No way José. It is fantastic. Pasta shells with just the right amount of poblano heat plus some sort of crispy, crumbly things that add texture. Omg awesome.

So basically what I'm saying here is if you want to get me drunk and stuff me full of Mexican food, I'm in. Then you can watch me pass-out on the couch... Come on, who wouldn't want that?!

No comments: