Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tonight At 11 - New Shoes!

I was strolling around DSW tonight when I saw a suit-clad Kit Andrews walking down the open-toed heels aisle. She's tall! And much prettier in person. I feel bad about calling Skeletor now. But for real, HD is not doing her any favors. Her skin is not nearly as thin and stretched as it looks on the nightly news.

Of course I rushed over to the Tall Drink of Water and was all, "Omg! Kit Andrews is here and she's crazy tall. Walk by her so we can size up her up for my blog."

Then I think I kinda shoved him.

So we mosey over to the heels pretending like we're not on a mission to get into her aisle and I touch some fabulous open-toed silver beauties (they didn't have my size) and as we're getting closer TDW starts arguing it's not her.

"Dude, it's her," I tell him.

"Dude, I don't think that's her. She's way prettier than Kit Andrews."

"You're right. Maybe it's not her. No wait. It's totally her."

So we're walking down her aisle and right at that moment she gets up from trying on shoes and says into her cell phone, "Were you trying to reach me?"

We get passed and I ask TDW, "Did you get that? How tall is she?" And he says he didn't really notice because he was sizing up her voice instead of her height and concludes, "It's her. I can tell by her voice."

"Ugh! I already knew it was her! You were supposed to be seeing how tall she is! Is she taller than you?!"

"Hell no."

"What do you think, 6 feet in the heels?"

"Yeah. Probably."

So anyway, sorry Kit about calling you Skeletor all these years. You're an attractive woman in person. My bad.

Then we walked over to Old Navy where I bought a dress that TDW described as "totally unflattering" and "tarp-like."

Also, I still haven't done laundry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud! But what I really want to know is why someone so freakishly tall is in the heel aisle? Aren't those reserved for short people like me? I am still sorely missing a good DSW in Akron.

Gina said...

Haha! Yeah, we tall people are always hanging out in the heels aisle trying to out-tall one another.

So sad about the lack of a good DSW in Akron. I swear Amy, I don't know how you do it. Feel free to call me, day or night, if you need someone to talk to about it. I'm here for you, girl.