Friday, March 07, 2008

That's the Blue Angel, on the Left


As seen from the confines of a non-snowy apartment.

Non-essential employees in my department got the boot at 11:30 this morning. I love being non-essential!

Because the Blue Angel weighs only about, ohhh 40 pounds (rough estimate), we slipped and slid and burned our tires all the way home. It was tenuous at times, but the Blue Angel didn't get stuck. Whew.

That's more than I can say for a Porsche I got behind for a few miles, which I watched get stuck and unstuck and slide sideways down Madison, nearly side-swiping another car.

In the midst of this I got a panicked call from a colleague who announced,"I'm not gonna make it up Reading! I'm getting stuck! Oh no, I'm sliiiiiding!"

Good times!

What I hope is winter's last gasp is more like a hiss. Like a big, giant, snowy hiss.

No comments: