Thursday, March 27, 2008

Layin' Low


TDW's a model, you know what I mean and he does his little turn on the catwalk.

I'm takin' 'er easy right now for all you sinners.

Ok, actually I'm takin' 'er easy for me. I've got a cold comin' on that I want no part of. So I'm kicking back with some tea with lemon and honey, some Zicam and high hopes I've got it shook by Sunday.

Sunday I'm supposed to run the Heart Mini. I'm doing the 5k and the Tall Drink of Water has agreed to run with me (and allow me only 60 second walk breaks) before he runs the 15k.

I had a cold during my last 5k too, the Jingle Bell Run. Clearly my body is rejecting these things and I should take heed.

I'm hoping to beat my Jingle Bell Run time on Sunday, which I think I can do if I run at all on Sunday. So, you know, rule.

I blame a lack of Easter candy for this cold. I'm not sure why but I've had virtually no Easter candy this year and the lack of stale Peeps in my diet seems a likely culprit. I'm gonna need to get some Peeps stat!

Speaking of stat and hospitals and what have you, TDW and I are doing the Heart-Mini on Children's Hospital team, which has raised $28,000 for the American Heart Association. (A drop in the bucket compared to the $1 million+ Children's gets from the AHA in research money, though.)

But the best thing about participating on the Children's team is that the back of our shirts have only the Children's logo, instead of being all crapped up with the gazillions of logos like everyone else's shirts.

Ha ha! Our shirts have more white space.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah on the catwalk, on the catwalk oh, he shakes his little tush on the catwalk.

Go Team Gina + TDW! I am running the 15K - never mind that the farthest I've run in my life is 5 miles (according to my training, it should be 7 by now). Scary!

You can do it!

Gina said...

Don't worry, KHud, you'll be great! And you'll probably still finish before me. :)

Brian K said...

Staples in your back .... no Easter candy ... running for a reason other than bears ... you most certainly must be sick.

Opening Day is almost here. Reds in the World Series in '08!

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com