Friday, January 18, 2008

Table For... 6



Went to Detroit this weekend for Baby M's baby shower, where he/she made out with lots of loot, including a teeny tiny Bengals jersey I got him/her.

I kept up my end of the baby-shower bargain by failing all of the shower games, scoring only 4 out of 12 correct on a quiz about Jen, overguessed by yard how big her belly is and drew the worst picture imaginable of what Baby M will look like. (My "vision" was Baby M circa 2029.)

Jen, true to form, is just about the cutest, most agile and sprightly pregnant woman ever. If not for the 8-month pregnant belly, you'd never know. She doesn't act pregnant and she looks exactly the same - face, legs, arms, hips, all the same - except that her belly looks like she's stuffed something under her shirt. (I had her show me her belly as proof she didn't just have a big Nerf ball under her top.)

While in Detroit the Tall Drink of Water and I hit Ikea on the hunt for a new dining room table. Our two-seater table was kind of laughable in our giant dining room/dance floor space.

But how we ended up with the biggest table at Ikea I'm uncertain. It seats six regularly, plus it has two leaves so it can seat 10. When we'd ever need to seat even 6 people is beyond me, but I love it, and TDW got me some lovely flowers to put on it.

Then again, maybe we will need 6 seats - me, TDW, Jen, Pat, Baby M and Baby M II. Hmm... we better go ahead and put the leaves in, just in case Jen has twins in the next go around! (Sorry Pat.)

6 comments:

Dan said...

Table looks great! Can leaves (leafs?) be taken out for disco time?

Anonymous said...

Um, you know, we have Ikea in West Chester now.

Which, as it turns out, is only half as far as Detroit.

Kelly said...

Eh, the WC Ikea won't be open until March. Gina needs this table for her big Lincoln's Birthday potluck.

Love the table, Gina, but I too am concerned about the fate of the dance floor. :)

Jen said...

Um, what do you mean "Sorry Pat?" I'd be the one carrying twins!

In any event, thank goodness you got those leaves (leafs, whatever!).

:)

Paul said...

Calm down everyone, your dance floor is safe!

Yes, the leaves/leafs can be taken out and the table can be pushed into the corner, creating plenty of space for you to get your groove on or recreate Saturday Night Fever photos.

Plus, since this new table is larger than our old (embarrassingly small) table, there's more table room for snacks, appetizers, drinks, etc. while you're rockin' out to "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron" or whatever.

Yvette said...

"When we'd ever need to seat even 6 people is beyond me." I'll tell you when you'd need to seat even 6 ... when we hit your front door! Don't worry wouldn't do that to you. Love the table. Sounds like you had a great trip to Detroit.