Thursday, December 27, 2007

Obsessed

Unless I'm blogging/talking/writing about my new scooter, I'm pretty much uninterested.

On that note:

• I've decided I should buy a house, so I can park my sweet ride in the garage. If said house doesn't have a garage, I will have my dad build me a shed.

• Late Februrary/early March will be busy. That's when I'll take my motorcycle license exam (required by Ohio to drive a scooter) and thusly become a certified bad ass.

• Charity fundraising scheme #1: Offer scooter lovers the chance to drive my Elite down the dead end street. Donations gladly accepted. (There is no charity fundraising scheme #2 - yet.)

• Attend summer cook-out at Metro Scooter, where Dave, my new scooter BFF, sold me my first helmet - A lovely red Bell helmet. (Discounted $40 because "No one will buy the red ones.")

• Figure out best way to transport fruits and vegetables from Findlay Market/Hyde Park Farmer's Market. Milk crate with bungee cord? In a sack on the floorboard? A backpack? These are serious questions that must be answered by spring.

• Imagine myself crashing with loads of fruits and vegetables strapped to my back. Painful, but kinda funny.

• Rename blog "Gina Blogs All About It, It Being Her Scooter: The Official Blog of (To-Be Named) Scooter." I think it has a nice ring to it.

• Perhaps you'd like to know more about my scooter. Please call/write/come over. Any time. Really. I'm always up for chatting about it.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't your car the Blue Angel? You could name your scooter the Blue Cherub or something. You know - establish a theme of riding only on heavenly creatures that are also blue.

Gina said...

Ooh I like that. And the Blue Angel would be flattered.

Except my scooter is purple. Does Purple Cherub have the same ring to it?

Brian said...

How about Purple Passion? Or Purple Rain.Or the Purple Road Eater, ala Purple People Eater. Or Purple People Mover.

Katie @ CiN said...

You could have the Blue Angel and the Purple Devil!

Jen said...

I like the Purple People Mover. Then you'll fit right in when you move to Detroit 'cause everybody here rides the People Mover downtown in the D.

Awesome! I just knew you were going to move to the D. This seems like a sign.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I always wanted to start a vegetarian fast food restaurant with scooter and bike delivery. Now's your chance. Newport, KY would be the perfect spot.

Scooter name: Purple Haze, as in "She was going so fast, she left everyone in a dust of purple haze as she went by." Or something like that. I'm hungover and haven't had enough coffee yet so the brain isn't firing on all cylinders. Unlike your groovy scooter.
Amy P

Gina said...

Wow, I should have sponsored a naming contest. Winner gets to take my sweet ride out for a spin. (Best contest ever!)

There are some mighty fine names here for my Purple honey.

Blog post forth coming.