Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gleefully Insured



In between jobby jobs I had to go a month without health insurance.

I wasn't too concerned because I had 45 days to sign up for Cobra (which I was going to do if I got hurt or something) but I didn't really want to because it costs about a gazillion dollars, or something thereabouts. So my "plan" was just to stay injury/sick free.

And it totally worked. I skated through the whole month... without falling down and breaking my tailbone.

I woke up December 1 and before my eyes were even open I smiled slyly to myself and thought, "You're insured!" I even did a little insurance dance around the bedroom when I got up. I whispered into the Tall Drink of Water's ear, "Hey, wake up. It's a glorious day. My health insurance starts today!"

I get really excited about health insurance, especially good health insurance like I have now.

I pay four dollars extra a month for the supremo coverage, which means they'll bring me back to life for free should I find myself seriously dead.

I'm going to go drive across the Brent Spence just for fun.

Wee!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Love it

Jen said...

I'll do that dance on Jan. 16. That'll be the day after our one-year anniversary at work in Detroit and will ensure I get my first 6 weeks of maternity leave paid, at least in part. Can't wait.

:)