Thursday, May 24, 2007

We're Going Places (We're Optimistic)



My new Cincinnati Transit Map (For Optimists) t-shirt was a huge hit this week. Its nod to Cincinnati's beloved neighborhoods with a wink to our lack of mass transit is brilliant. And one of my favorite bloggers, Chris Glass, designed it.

If you live in Cincinnati, you can get it in O'Bryonville at Mica, or you can get it online at Wire&Twine.com. (Mine is a women's large, if that helps you pick a size.)

What is particularly fun about wearing the shirt is that everyone wants to know what "line" they live on. Ooh! Where's Oakley/Covington/West Chester? What line am I on?

I sometimes couldn't tell if people actually thought there might be a secret transit system that sped past their house or if they were just really excited about the shirt. Maybe they thought it was promotional and that there soon would be a line. Either way, it was entertaining. (If you can endure people staring at your chest while looking for their neighborhood.)

I live on the Red and White Striped line right now, but by the end of next month I'll be living on the Red line. Everyone knows the Red line is superfast and waaay more scenic. ;)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I live on the yellow line, which has way nicer seats than the red line.

Eric said...

haha...I'm also on the superfast red line!