Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Season So Far

The Reds might be last in the league, but I'm first in helmet sundaes.

I'm 6 of 7 in chocolately, caramelly, sprinkley goodness this season. But starting my next game, off I'm off helmet sundaes and on Lemon Chills. They're less filling and I need to save room for nachos. Because Barry Bonds might be inching closer to the homerun record, but I'm closing in on my career jalepenos eaten in one season. I don't want to blow it now.

Here are a few photo highlights from some nice seats the Tall Drink of Water and I had a few games back.




Now I realize Mr. Redlegs is this season's show stopper. He's back from mascot banishment or whatever. But let me tell ya, he's scary! He has about a million teeth. A million perfectly straight, perfectly white capped teeth. This photo doesn't fully illustrate his set of giant, chiclets-like choppers, but trust me.

In other mascot news, did you know that Gapper makes a squeaking noise? Yep, he sure does. He was riding around with Mr. Redlegs here on a tractor and some little kid came up and wanted to chat with him. Gapper chatted by making a bunch of squeaking noises.



Also, this Bat Boy was giving this kid the stink eye. And you can see all of the scary teeth on the Mr. Redlegs patch on his jersey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those helmet sundaes are the best deal at the park. Only $4.50 and you get unlimted toppings!&%$ I love it!!

Dan said...

I'm a big fan of the helmet sunday too. Being someone that collects stoopid Reds crap, the helmet is nifty little item to take home. Now, with that, I wish they would offer a few different chocies - maybe old school helmets from uniforms past?