Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Go Mud Hens!



I ordered a box of checks a while back and when the lady asked me what kind I wanted, I told her just the plain ones.

You know, the plain ones. The ones without cartoons, dolphins, watermark swirls and decorative borders. There are no sunrises I want to see on my checks and no teams I'm interested in supporting.

Or is there?

Apparently there is, because when my box o' checks arrived, each one had a Toledo Muds Hens logo on them. At first I thought it was an ad. You know, like, Your next box of checks can have a cool logo like this one! But no, that wasn't the case. Every check in the box had a angry looking Mud Hen (whatever that is) holding a bat.

I'd never heard of the Toledo Mud Hens before. I've since learned they are a minor league ball team. (Sometimes when I tell this story to people I accidentally call them the Toledo Mud Heels.)

Briefly I thought about calling the bank, just to tell them they had made a mistake. But I thought, Eh well, so I love the Toledo Mud Hens, it could be worse.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You didn't have to pay for the schmancy checks, did you?

If you did, you should make sure that a percentage of that fee goes to support the ole Mud Hens. You could be helping keep Free Eyeglasses Repair Kit Night going strong!

Brian said...

Didn't you ever watch MASH? Klinger was a huge Mud Hens fan..I saw him on TV a few weeks ago at a game with BJ Honeycutt. For real.

Katie @ CiN said...

I feel sorry for the lady. She obviously has a hearing problem. "Just the plain ones" = "Must be Mud Hens." See...