Thursday, October 02, 2008

Speaking of Debates


Oh yeah, drink it in! You know you're jealous of my bootleg disembodied-Barack-Obama-head t-shirt my mom bought from some guy in a parking lot in Marion.

I've been debating taking advantage of Ohio's early voting week. The pro is that I'd get to vote right now. (YAY!) The con would be not getting to experience the polls on election day.

Last night Ronson and I were chatting about early voting over fajitas and cheap margaritas and he asked if there was anything that could happen between now and election day that would change my vote.

Which launched us into this outrageous scenario:

Not even if Barack Obama came to my house, took my library books out from the apartment (that aren't even overdue) threw them into the courtyard along with my personal books, set them on fire, did a hoe-down dance around them while they burned...

And not even if John McCain personally stepped in to stop this madness while at the same time Obama pushed Biden off his VP ticket and added Palin and then the two shot a wolf from a plane right above my courtyard as my books burned... would I consider voting for McCain/Palin.

If they shot my cats instead of the wolf, maybe. But still, probably not.

On a related note, I am STOKED for the debate tonight. Woo hoo!!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I'm quite certain Obama and Biden could torch everything I own (home included) and I'd still not vote for the McCain/Palin ticket. What's most surprising about this election is that Palin's presence has me more seriously revolted than McCain's. This Mrs. Joe Six Pack mom says, "No darn way, thanks."