Sunday, October 26, 2008

Murder We Wrote



You probably already saw this on the news, but it was a massacre yesterday at the Jeffersonville Outlets.

And by massacre I mean Mare, Missy and I killed it. It was a triple murder. The outlets never saw it coming and didn't stand a chance.

It's been months (plural!) since I've gone on a good shopping binge, but I more than made up for it Saturday afternoon. And like the good shopping partners-in-crime that they are, Missy and Mare were completely supportive. We hoarded sweaters, ran for different sizes, bogarted dressing rooms and left no shoe, bag or fall sweater untouched.

And thanks to Mare's knee surgery, we got to park in front with her handicapped tag, which meant easy and frequent trips to the car to unload our purchases. (Hey, we're helping the economy, ok?!)

My fave purchase of the day was these red, patent-leather high-heeled penny loafers, which are so scandalously fantastic it's probably illegal for me to even have them. (I thought of my fashion-forward shoe-maven pal Amy P. as soon as I saw them.)

Mare found the Coach bag she'd been dreaming of (dreaming of it from the second she saw the little beauty) and was able to get it marked down, even though it originally wasn't. Is there anything better than that on a shopping trip? Hell no. (I caught her caressing the leather against her cheek.)

And this green pea coat practically fell from the rafters heaven for Missy. We agreed with sisterly "Oh-my-gods!" and "Ooh girl, it's perfect" that it was made for her. (I think she even did a little twirl in the mirror.)

Now begins phase II - Operation Closet: Things Are Gonna Change Around Here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are FABULOUS!!!!