Sunday, May 18, 2008

How We Do


This is Dan's photo, because he's a better photographer than I am.

The days were packed this weekend, but in a relaxing, low-key way. It seems the last few weekends have been full, so this weekend it was nice to sit back a bit, take it all in.

I realized Friday after work I had nothing to do. After the Ballet last Friday night and dinner at Nada - and eating out nearly every night for the last month - grilling and eating at home sounded so nice. So that's what we did.

Then I went completely insane at the bookstore.

It seems like it's been months since I've been to Joseph-Beth, one of my favorite places on Earth, so after dinner I strolled in and it was like being home after a long vacation. Oh how I'd missed you, JB! It was so exciting I wanted to touch every single book and read every one of them. Ok, so temporary insanity. There are a lot of crap books. (Hahaha. Buuuurn.)

Saturday was packed again, but in a fun way, with the crazy sold-out Reds game and Brandon Phillips bobblehead.

omgReds rockstar Dan and Gretchen hosted an all you can eat homemade helmet sundae bar on their rooftop afterwards, complete with four flavors of ice-cream, sprinkles, chopped nuts and.... drum roll, real live helmets!

omgHelmtSundae is still on a sprinkles high.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Glad you loved the sundae madness. It was pretty fun and mega-dorky. That's the way to do it, right? Thanks to you and TDW for coming down - good times.