Monday, June 11, 2007

Soprano's Finale



Hee hee hee. I liked it.

I might be the only person who didn't want to punch David Chase when the screen went blank, but I think it ended perfectly.

How typical. How normal. How American. The fam sitting in a diner, listening to Journey, eating onion rings and struggling to parallel park. Fan-tastic.

When people weren't getting offed, that's all The Soprano's was about: An ordinary dysfunctional family, complete with angsty teens, disapointed parents and annoying brothers-in-law all framed among the banalities of life - eating, driving and sitting around watching TV in the McMansion.

For them to be doing those things when the screen went blank, poetic. But then again, maybe I'm just amused because everyone else feels like they got punked.

Either way.

1 comment:

Tabari McCoy said...

My MySpace blog take has just put out a hit on your blog entry.