Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mt. Lookout Animal Hospital


House cat at the vet's office.

Cassady's kitty IBS has been acting up, so I called the vet today to see if he could recommend another cat food for him. I fully expected them to make me bring him in, with a stool sample no less (ick), and force me to shell out $70 for a doctor's visit.

But I went ahead and told the receptionist what was wrong with him and she said she'd have his vet me back. Yeah right, I thought.

Within 30 minutes Cassady's vet called me, suggested a new cat food and made him out a prescription to help him feel better. Then he said, "Call me back on Monday or Tuesday and let me know how's he's doing with it. I want to know if he's feeling better."

Um. All right, I thought.

So I went to pick up the princess's prescription after work and the vet came out from the back - actually came out from the back! - to hand me the prescription and remind me to call him.

"Let me know how he does with the new food. I want to make sure he's tolerating everything," he said.

Now how about that?! I was stunned. I went to the doctor this week - with a fever, vomiting, peeing blood clots! - and my doctor never once told me to call her to let her know how I'm doing. But Cassady they roll out the red carpet for.

So I'm thinking, I'm gonna get me a vet. I felt like asking him, "Hey, I've been feeling kinda rough. Got anything back there for me?"

4 comments:

AE said...

How nice! Is it Dr. McMullan? He was very sweet with my shy kitty.

Gina said...

It is Dr. McMullan! Nicest vet ever. Did you know he used to be a chef? Not that I stalked him on their Web site or anything.

AE said...

Of course he used to be a chef. Wow. And is also the nicest vet ever and smoking hot. I ran into him at the CVS once and almost hyperventilated.

Gina said...

Hahaha. That's awesome. Not that I was looking around for any information like that, but I did find that he lives in Pleasant Ridge with his wife and kids. Damn.