Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's Saturday and Cold, Why Not...

IMG_0430.JPG

I've been playing around with FlickR all afternoon, uploading photos, etc. I ditched FlickR for Shutterfly (cheaper and less cumbersome, I decided) over a year ago, but I'm giving FlickR another shot. I have found that downloads are much faster on FlickR than Shutterfly, but there remain a few annoyances:

1. No (free) direct export from iPhoto. Currently I'm using FlickR UploadR.

2. Rotating can be a hassle. The automatic rotate doesn't always work.

What I'm digging:

1. It turns out, I was wrong before. (Big shocker, there.) But FlickR isn't anymore expensive than Shutterfly.

2. It's made me excited to share photos again, which I got out of the habit of because Shutterfly took so long.

3. I have a new sharing site, FlickR.com/photos/GinasBlog.com . I also have a Shutterfly site, but I fell out of love with it a long time ago.

What is kind of scary:

1. The inordinate amount of time I can blow uploading photos, tagging them and writing cutlines. Really, now. All Saturday afternoon?

BTW - The above photo of my dad I took at the art museum when they were visiting last month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mais quelle artiste!!!

(I think that means, "What an artist!!!" It just sounded better in French.)