Monday, March 12, 2007

A Few Good Blogs

So I'm way late in posting this, but I love how my cover story on local bloggers (on newstands until Wednesday) turned out. And I rarely think that. So...

Here's a taste of those I wrote about with a link to the Q&A I did:

Radio Free Neport: Sociologist, musician and blogging veteran. Dave blogs about stuff that matters, like the impact of race and class, socioeconomics and bands that never made it but should have. Read the Q&A here.

Rockin' Hejabi: Nur Jemal, mother of three, musician, Florence resident and Muslim. She writes about what life is like behind the scarf. Read the Q&A here.

The Last 10 Days: I've already posted about how much I love Chris's blog and Web site. He took a self-portrait for the story, and of course I love it, too. Read the Q&A here.

The Nati: No one loves Cincinnati more than Joe Hansbauer. And somehow he finds out about these great things before anyone else. Read the Q&A here.

What I Wore Today: I love this blog and the accompanying FlickR page. Kasmira, who spent 4.5 years in the Marines, takes a photo of what she's wearing each day and posts the picture. She never told anyone about the blog because she didn't want people to think she's shallow or silly, but I think if I had to wear camouflage for four years, I'd start this blog too. Read the Q&A here.

The Naked Vine: Looking for a great $10 bottle of wine, then Mike is your man. Read the Q&A here.

BONUS: Ronson's head makes a special guest apperance on the cover. Scroll and see. (This offer expires Wednesday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your story. Very cool! Read every Q&A and spent way too much time reading blogs today.

Cool finds.

Gina said...

You got sucked in. Excellent!