Monday, June 05, 2006

Wow. No Really. Wow.



Sunday's dance retical was brought you by Kentucky's finest - bourbon. Cut with a little water and served in a Gatorate bottle, my fellow dancer, Jane (not pictured), kindly passed it around.

I helped myself to a few swigs to take the edge off.

I was more nervous than I thought I'd be back stage - wringing my hands and biting my fingernails. (What else is new?) And during the first tap dance, I had a few moments of "What the hell is the next step? Crap. I'm just gonna stand here smiling until I figure it out."

During the kick line, the audience started clapping and I sort of stopped kicking. Like, "Hey, that's all for me folks! I'm going out on a high note!"

But by the second and third dances, my nerves had calmed and I was on FIRE! Fo' real. I remembered all the steps, added a little extra hip to the jazz moves and embraced center stage during the second tap dance.

It was almost as for real as these costumes.

Susan here, whom you may remember from the CiN Weekly story Bye Bye Batwings, did all sorts of saucy moves that many of you, had you seen it, would not have been disappointed. I sure wasn't!

For those of you who didn't attend the big recital (which is all of you), I'll be having a special DVD showing in July when the video comes in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so crazy!*laughs*I can't believe you really posted that GREAT picture of us. BTW, you look hot in that costume. Watch out world.

Now I can't wait till next year. Do you think you have the bug or what?!

Gina said...

Girl, I was so on fire during tap and jazz that to not do it again next year would be a disserve to the half-full audience that was there Sunday afternoon.

You know what I'm sayin.'

IT'S ON!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. Hopefully our costumes will be better than this year's (one can always hope;)