Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oh Snap!



Of all the things I saw in Vegas, this sign was my favorite.

It totally cracks me up. It's the mustache. And the question the sign raises: What's he snapping about? What is it in Mandalay Bay that makes this Latin honey snap his fingers?

The reason the commercials say, 'What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas' is because nothing actually happens and they don't want the word to get out. At least nothing was particularly crazy during my stay. Just ringing slot machines and shiny facades rising out of the dessert.

The craziest thing I saw in Vegas was Bob Roncker. I was getting out of a cab at the Las Vegas airport when I looked out of the window and there stood Bob at the curbside check-in. He and Joe were in town for an Asics conference and the three of us shared the same flight schedule back to Dayton.

Bob refused to let me pay for my sandwich during our two-hour Denver layover, and the three of us sat watching the World Cup and chatting about running shoes.

Crazy!

No comments: