Sunday, February 08, 2009

Blue Angel to the Rescue


The Hyundai got, JACKED UP!

Adam got into a car accident last week.

I was on the shuttle going to my car when my phone rang so everyone around me heard this part of the conversation:

"Hey what's up?"

"Oh no!"

"You got hit head on?!"

"Both airbags?!"

"Oh my god! Are you are ok?"

"Where are you?"

"Can you drive it?"

"Does he have insurance?"

Then quizically, "What are you eating?" (The, "At time like this," was implied in my tone.)

Apparently Adam had gone through the McDonald's drive-through just before he got hit, so while he waited for the cops to show up he was snacking on some fries.

For my part, I "came to the rescue" clutching my camera. Fearing I wouldn't get any shots of the car crashed-in before they towed it, I arrived to find it up on the tow truck and about to pull away.

So what did the World's Best Girlfriend do? She hopped out of her car, sped past Adam who was standing in the road weighed down from holding everything that was in his car, and rushed up to the tow truck to get a few shots before it drove away.

As this happened I thought, Shouldn't you have given him a kiss or something as you walked past, you know, to show your concern before taking photos? But it was too late. I figured back-tracking would only accentuate my error.

But I bought him a Frosty and took him to the emergency room to make up for it. Who wouldn't rather a Frosty over a kiss anyway.

No comments: