Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm Alive!

A violent, rib-bruising cough kept me up at night for the last week, so I finally went to see my doctor on Friday for some cough syrup with codine. I was convinced I had pleurisy.

Turns out, no. After some deep breaths and a chest x-ray my doctor diagnosed me with bronchitis and early pneumonia in my left lung.

So that explains the sharp pain on the left side of my back when cough.

I'm laying low tonight instead of going out. It's just as well. I started reading Kathrine Switzer's Marathon Woman during my week of sleeplessness and it's been thoroughly enjoyable. Everyone knows the iconic images of her at the 1967 Boston Marathon, but knowing the back story makes them even more meaningful.

And you never know, maybe once my lungs stop burning I'll shuffle out for a walk around the neighborhood or something. (HAHAHAHAHA!!! Obviously the codine has made me delirious.)

No comments: