Tuesday, August 05, 2008

So Busy I Can't Stand It


Nearly dead.



Magically alive again! Elapsed time: 24 hours.

The summer has been chalk full of exciting events, most noticeably my first balcony garden. Tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers and several wave petunias for splashes of color.

It was hard work watching my dad plant them. It's even harder to watch them grow, then get within inches of death because I forget to water them. I always think it's the end for them, yet they continue to surprise me with their hardiness. It's amazing, and I'm not sure if anyone else has figured this out so I expect my blog traffic to explode with this tidbit, but they magically come back to life with some water!

All you budding green thumbs out there write that down.

This tenuous relationship with water might explain the lack of fruit on the cucumber and red pepper plants, though. The tomatoes are thriving, but no fruit on the others. I have my fingers crossed their late bloomers or fall vegetables or something like that. (Surely my neglect can't be to blame, can it?)

Anyway, it's pretty busy around here occasionally watering plants while apologizing profusely to them.

And look, these romas aren't even holding it against me. I've got two ripe ones already.

No comments: