Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Drunk With Power



I was so excited stepping into the voting booth tonight I got a little light headed.

Election day is my all time favorite day of the year. (For those of you keeping score at home, I've blogged about this before.)

I vote for lots of very important reasons: Issues. Democracy. So I can feel smug. But mostly I vote to cancel out other people's votes who I hate.

Like say I sort of know a person, or heard someone on TV who was loathable, and I know they're going to vote the opposite of how I'd vote. I like to swagger into the voting booth, guns blazin' (read: pen) and fill in those squares with an image of that person in my mind all the while thinking, "Suck it so-and-so! Your vote is goin' down!"

Other times, like when I covered city councils and school boards in Virginia and Hamilton, I'd occasionally throw a vote to one of the crazies that was running, just in the hopes they'd get elected and make the meetings more interesting for me. Those meetings are really long and boring, you know.

Tonight I briefly considered voting for Justin Jeffre, just because I thought of all the fun Kari and I could have bloging about him on omgCincy.

I giggled at the potential headline ideas: Jeffre Wins! First Order of Bid'ness, City Wide Dance Party!

But in the end, ol' Justin didn't get my vote. He isn't hot enough. 99 degrees? Maybe. 98 degrees? No way.

No comments: