Monday, September 03, 2007

The Weekend So Far

• Long bike ride through Sawyer Point Friendship Park and over to Newport for Gyros

• Watched crazy fireworks fans set up camp on the Serpentine Wall 36 hours before the fireworks

• Nearly went blind from the sun shine beaming through a cloudless, smogless sky

• Took trips to two malls - Kenwood and Florence

• Bought a sassy pair of shoes for my efforts

• Took one nap

• Attended a Labor Day party, watched the fireworks explode over the river from a condo on Eastern Avenue

• Realized I should live in a sweet condo on Eastern Avenue

• Saw a large plane flying so low over the river I felt certain it was going to crash

• Vowed to get a picture of it if it flw by again

• Watched it fly by again - equally amazed - but couldn't get a picture because I was slopping food onto my plate

• Thought about going to the gym; didn't go

• Vacuumed the rugs instead

• Currently procrastinating anymore house cleaning, but the rugs look real nice

• Hope everyone has a great Labor Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florence, Y'all!

That water tower is my favorite landmark when we drive to Louisville.

Jen said...

Ha ha. Me, too. I think that water tower turned me southern for a little while because I was y'all-ing people all the time.

Gina said...

Thanks for the comments, Y'All!