Saturday, September 08, 2007

Killing Time



The last few days I've spent an inordinate amount of time clicking through photos on Capture Cincinnati.

Basically it's a local mini-Flickr of people's Cincinnati photos. People, places, news, Cincinnati landscapes, pets, etc. Then as you click through, you vote to either "Dig" the photo or "Nix" the photo. Those with the most votes will be published in a Capture Cincinnati coffee table book. Fun!

I admit to be pretty ruthless in my Nixing. Black and white photos? Out. You're trying too hard. Sunsets, for the most part, get nixed for being boring. I'm also not very fond of landscapes or fireworks photos.

Only really good photos get my Dig It stamp of approval.

That said, you should totally vote to Dig all my photos, including this Local Honey photo I took at Gorman Farm this spring. I love the handmade sign.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

You sucked me into this killing time scheme. It's actually a cool project ... interested to see the final product. I uploaded three pictures of the girls, you'll have to check them out.

Gina said...

You know I voted my girls. :)