Sunday, August 19, 2007

Roadside Attractions

My friend Aaron and his wife Kelly made a surprise stop by the Daugherty Farm last weekend.

It was fun for me to return a phone call from my dad and suddenly hear Aaron's voice on the line. Kinda crazy but not entirely shocking. Aaron had met them once before and I think found them entertaining. He found the house by knowing it was a.) near Wal-Mart b.) close to a restaurant I lovingly call Rosie's Real Italian Shithole and c.) knowing the house is blue.

They stumbled upon it easily enough by finding my dad in the front yard playing with his new hunting pups.

Aaand since Aaron was there, he kindly grabbed me the few remaining peaches from Billy's peach tree for me and took some photos.

My favorite is this one of him, Kelly and my dad standing around my dad's old Ranger with the wood bumper that got totalled last summer. "The Classic" as my dad calls it.

It's like a tourist attraction.



Sad news about The Classic, my dad has given up and plans to sell it to the junk yard as soon as he finds the title. Poor ol' Ranger. Though I was assured he'd be getting another "classic" soon. (Classic = junk truck.)

Also, Aaron captured my mom and dad with Billy's peach tree. All the peaches have been picked and eaten sans the bag of five Aaron brought me back which I haven't cut into yet. I imagine I'll do that this evening.



And cute overload warning! Here's a photo of my dad's two new hunting pups, Pokey and Smokey. (Not sure which is which, but I did name Smokey, sight unseen.)



That's all from the Daugherty Farm. I plan to visit myself this coming weekend. If you're in the neighborhood, stop on by.

No comments: