Wednesday, February 14, 2007

People Get Engaged at Restaurants, Right?



The Tall Drink of Water and I had a delicious dinner at Jeff Ruby's downtown tonight in celebration of Valentine's Day and his recent promotion.

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm. Damn it was good. My steak was perfectly well-done and his was perfectly bloody and purple. Just like we like them.

Since we were eating at a Valentine's Day hot spot, I was hoping to see an engagement. I've never been anyplace when someone has gotten engaged, so I had high hopes some dude would get down on one-knee tonight and cause a stir.

As we were putting on our coats, I told TDW I was bummed no bling popped up in a piece of cheesecake or anything.

"Do people actually do that? I thought that was something that just happened in movies," he said.

"I think they do," I said. "Don't I know someone who knows someone that got engaged at a restaurant?"

We shrugged and left.

No comments: