Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ball State, Miami Game



What happens when working-class, blue-collar kids from Indiana face off against the pink, well-fed progeny of the Midwest's doctors and laywers? The Indiana kids lose. Again.

This afternoon the Tall Drink of Water and I headed to Oxford for our fourth Ball State vs. Miami basketball game.

Every time we go, Ball State loses and I get all sorts of bent out of shape. Which is weird, because I don't even care about Ball State. It's just that I hate Miami that much. (I went to only one game when I attended Ball State, and that was to see Bonzi Wells because someone else wanted to.)

"What was it like to be in a frat," I like to ask TDW.

"I wasn't in a frat."

"Well, not technically. But attending Miami makes you a frat-boy," I tell him.

One the way through the parking lot of BMWs, Escalades and Jeeps, I asked him what it was like to be rich enough to attend Miami.

"What kind of lawyer is your dad?" He said, "The rich kind."



Pre-game happiness. (Sort of. Just after this photo, TDW said, "That shirt makes you look fat.")



More boring dance team choreography, I have not seen. (They should watch Dancelife and take notes.) The cheerleaders were even more boring. But when did dance teams take all the cool away from the cheerleaders?



This game is boring. I'm bored.



Post-game. Much less happy.



Nice font, Miami.



Told ya. Frat boy.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Comic Sans RULZ.

Jen said...

Down with frat boys! Sorry, Paul. Love ya, see ya.

Anonymous said...

Sister Gina,
I see Miami is celebrating Recycle Mania 2007. I hope Theo and Cockroach can make it once they finish with Dance Mania.

Kari said...

I totally agree - dance teams everywhere are taking the glitz and glory out of cheerleading. I thought the same thing when I went to see UK a couple weeks ago. But, who gets to spell out "CATS" on the floor (with their bodies.. I guess you have to see it) during time outs? That's right, the cheerleaders. Take that, dance team!

Gina said...

I'm excited about dance teams' newfound glory. I mean, cheerleaders have been the thing for too long. The only time they're interesting is when they're, like you said, spelling out words with their bodies. And sometimes during those contests where the male cheerleaders hold them up for as long as they can.

Otherwise, go dance team!

BTW - Where is the outrage here? Come on people. He called me fat!