Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Long Drive Home (White Death Edition)



My first mobile blog. Woo hoo!

In my hour long commute home (traveling 3.5 miles), I saw five cars stuck in the snow. Bummer.

It was smooth (though slow) sailing for the Blue Angel and me until the end. When I hit my street I stepped on the gas to get a running start on the hill. My speedometer read 40, but I was going no where. Really it was just a long fish-tail burnout up the incline. I could smell the rubber.

But the Blue Angel (along with some deft driving by yours truly) performed like a rock star.

The snow is no match for us.

4 comments:

Jen said...

See?! Michigan would be a breeze for you. (Love the mobile blog, BTW.)

Brian said...

Isn't that some kind of moving violation, driving while blogging? Didn't one of the Bengal's get arrested for that? Obviously you weren't the only one DWB, explains why everyone was driving like morons in the 5 inch blizzard.

warnickart.com said...

my first car, a 1990 blue pontiac sunbird was named the blue angel. oh, and she was quite beautiful.

Gina said...

it might sound dangerous being that I was driving and blogging, but since i wasn't actually moving, it wasn't a "moving violation."

and rob, your blue angel sounds beautiful. i bet she was a trooper in the snow. and i bet when you were ready to leave, she was ready, too, and i bet she never hassled you when you were late, either. just like my blue angel.