Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lemon Lime Redux

Tuesday morning I went the gym and worked out with Trainer Drew. After about 35 minutes, I started to not feel well. So I sat down on a nearby machine to relax for a few minutes.

After I felt better, I got up and proceeded to finish the set of tricep extentions I was doing.

Then I felt sick again and sat down.

"I think I gotta go," I told Drew. He was all, "Not again!"

I felt a little faint, but mostly I felt sick to my stomach. No sooner did I open the door to the locker room did I throw up - in my mouth!

So I rushed into a stall and proceeded to relieve myself of the Gatorade I had drank. As I was shaking and vomiting, I thought of how grateful I am that the bathrooms at Revolution are so clean. Even the toilet was spotless.

Then I showered and went to work.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Maybe you're just not meant to work out in the morning. I need something in my stomach, plus at least an hour to digest it, before I'm at all worthwhile.

Ronson said...

It only happened once, but I have been nauseous while drinking LL Gatorade and working out.

I agree with Kelly though, it's likely that it was the whole "working out in the morning" thing. I can barely stumble vertically in the morning, much less run and lift things...

Gina said...

I might add I had also eaten a hard boiled egg, and while you may think that was the trigger, I'm certain it wasn't, only because I always eat a hard boiled egg before working and I've never thrown up before.

FYI - The hardboiled egg didn't come back up. I know you were totally wondering.

Brian said...

Maybe you should try drinking the egg, like Rocky used to. I don't recall him ever throwing up while running through the streets of Philly or the mountains of Russia.