Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lemme Get a Bun... And A Jomocha Shake

I was so hungry after work tonight I was going to eat at Arby's. So I hit the drive-thru at the one in Oakley.

You know the one: Incompetent, slow, sometimes they never get on the speaker and actually take your order.

Well, I go there and the guy on the speaker tells me he'll take my order at the window. Alright. Whatever. So I drive around and wait behind another car. Good sign, I'm thinking, because this at least means they've taken one order in the night.

Then it's my turn.

With his headset and black windbreaker on, he leans toward me out of the window and says, "We're out of beef. It's gonna be about an hour."

Out of beef? It's Arby's!

Crazy, but not nearly as crazy as the stuff that happens at the Scary Arby's downtown. They always have beef, but it's served with a side of scary.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

This sounds like a really great "What I'm Into" question.

"You're at the drive-thru at Arby's and they're out of beef ... what do you order?"

I'm saying curly fries and mozzarella sticks.

Katie @ CiN said...

um, hello, a turkey, bacon and ranch market fresh sandwich. or wrap.

Ronson said...

The Arby's in Oakley is beyond sketchy.

Going through the drive-thru is an event. You'd better not have anything to do for the next 45 minutes...of course this is coming from my one experience.

I'm working on the theory that Arby's actually staffs the place with hungry drifters and pays them with food. Therefore, slow service. And no beef...