Sunday, July 23, 2006

You Cannot Touch The Mango



Ray and Susie came to visit today and bring back my porch swing my dad made. He'd taken it back to Indiana a few weeks ago to fix a cracked board and paint it.

I'm writing a cover piece on the Cincinnati Art Museum's 125th anniversary, and since my mom said she'd never seen an original piece of art, I took them for a Sunday tour.

My dad wandered off as I was pointing out the Monet and Van Gogh to my mom. So when I needed to check out the Sean Scully exhibition, I told my mom to find dad and show him the Van Gogh.

"The mango?" she said.

Sheesh.

"No. The Van Gogh," I told her.

A little while later I found them and tracked down the Warhol of Pete Rose for them to see.

"Man, that's something, huh," my dad said. "I'll tell ya, that little girl eating porridge was real. Her eyes followed me wherever I went."

He was talking about Adolphe Bouguereau's Girl Eating Porridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like ray's choice of modish black t-shirt for the museum outing. Very chic.

Gina said...

'Til things are brighter, he's the man in black.