Monday, May 22, 2006

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty



Free zoos rule!

When I found out the Lincoln Park Zoo was free I anticipated some stray dogs, maybe some kittens napping on each other and perhaps a bear.

Instead I found this gorgeous beast. He was in a cage by himself, and of course I felt a little bad for him that he wasn't out stalking prey on the veldt. But a few cages down was a lion and lioness, who were taking turns roaring, which I'd never seen before, and their roaring made the tiger roar too.

They were very passionate cats.

It's the closest I've ever been to these big kitties. They were only about ten feet away, with no glass between us. It was pretty cool.

Here's a crappy picture. The lighting was low and my hand wasn't steady enough to keep the shutter open long enough to take a decent photo.

In other whirlwind weekend news, Jen and Pat got officially engaged, which was why I was in Chicago. Apart from the engagement and tiger, my next favorite part of the weekend was the pizza pot pie I ate at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders.

Hello? Pizza pot pie... Best food ever.

AND... drum roll... we won our first soccer game!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky you were in Chicago when I was in Muncie...NO CALL?!?!?!

But, Matt Goeglein and I did take a photo together just for your blog.

Gina said...

I was thinking of how cruel the world is to put me in your city while you weren't there.

Where's the photo? Please send ASAP.