Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Going to Have to Operate


Click here for fun photos!

This little gem sprang up Thursday, the result of wilting heat and too thick socks. Then it sort of went away (bye, blister!) only to return bigger and meaner (hello again, blister) after my Saturday morning run.

If it doesn't go away on it's own by tomorrow I'm going to slice it open and drain it. (Don't worry, I'll post video for you guys.) I can't be carrying this thing around all week. I got new shoes to wear.

In other Flying Pig related news, there's been a run on Sport Beans, GU and gummi bears in the Hyde Park/Oakley/Norwood area.

Target is sold out of Sport Beans, the basket that once held them is empty and sad looking, while the candy aisle is suspiciously lacking in gummi bear quanties. Hmmm... The Tall Drink of Water said all the "good flavors" of GU (i.e. chocolate) are also gone.

I bought the last three bags of Lime Sport Beans at Bigg's yesterday. There were still two bags of orange ones though, if anyone is looking.

4 comments:

Dan said...

blister tips from a guy that's had a million:

- drain it, but resist the urge to rip off the excess skin

- wrap a band aid around it for the rest of the week to help heal. change often to give it some air

- get some body glide and lube that sucker up before the race

but, you probably know all this already ;)

Gina said...

Actually no, I had no idea what to do with it. Thanks, Dan.

One other question: Let's assume I do all this. What's your feeling about running on it this week? I had planned to do some running Tuesday and Thursday.

Kelly said...

I've got two bags of fruit-punch beans all ready to go for Sunday! I got them at Target weeks ago. I didn't get any Gu though - I can't remember whether it was because they were sold out, it was too expensive, or all the flavors sounded disgusting.

Dan said...

Run on it - just make sure you have it wrapped up a little bit. the dead skin (ick) will act as a natural pad for the raw spot - much better than a band-aid or gauze on the the raw spot directly. don't peal it!

but, if it really starts to hurt... don't run on it. save your pain for race day! a few days will help it heal up, so i think you have time to get it in good shape before the relay this weekend.