Monday, October 29, 2007

Ooh... One More Thing

While I'm trapped in an auditorium learning how to log-on to my benefits and sign up for dry cleaning drop off service, enjoy this random soccer story I wrote on Sunday.

The Enquirer sports department was so desperate they asked me to cover the NKU men's quarterfinals. I warned the sports editor I'd never covered a soccer game in my life, but like I said, he was desperate.

I think it turned out pretty well though for a girl who doesn't really write sports.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyone who writes a news story that includes the quotes "Heck yeah!" and "They're awesome" is a natural.

Good luck with the new gig. I have the 17-incher and I'm lucky to have a Reds' carrier that is exactly the right fit.

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com

Brian said...

You may not have any experience writing about soccer but you have two full seasons under your belt of playing it.