Monday, March 20, 2006

Back In Order



Though you can't tell it from this picture, my apartment has finally been put back together.

Last Sunday I woke up at 5:20 a.m. to what sounded like a combine moving down the Ohio River. The sky was eerie gray and the rain was coming down so hard I just sat in bed and stared at it. A few minutes later, my apartment sprang about ten leaks.

After being displaced for several days because of the wet carpet and mildewy smell, I finally came back home Thursday after new carpet was installed. (And fabulous new carpet it is. It's plush and soft and is an absolute delight to walk on barefoot, as opposed to the other indoor-outdoor crap that was in here before.)

But when I came home my shoes were piled in a huge heap in the bathroom, my books were on top of the divider (see photo) that separates my studio apartment into a living area and bedroom area, and anything that wasn't furniture and didn't weight 8 pounds or more was in the kitchen, bathroom or on top of the divider.

So I spend the weekend basically moving back in.

I must say, it's never been better in here.

No comments: