Sunday, June 08, 2008

WTF Is Going On In This Town?

First came the news that Western Bowl might close. News so tragic I cried as I thought about all the bowling pin shaped Miller Lite's I've drank there.

Ronson was so upset he threatened to chain himself to the neon sign.

Say it ain't so, Western Bowl! What about the Hoinke Classic? What about all those gutter balls good times we shared?

Then Kari sent me this story about a stabbing in the Levee parking garage. The Levee, y'all! It's all movies and books and ice-cream... and now stabbings. (Though really, as Julie pointed out, that parking garage it totally hostile.)

And then Thursday came this - a shirtless, shoeless, vomity dude passed out on a sidewalk downtown, unable to utter anything but "Blackfinn."

Daaang. Blackfinn is off the chain, for realz!

Ahhh. I love this town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is always Delfare Lanes. HA