Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weiner of the Mid-West

I went to Chicago a few weeks ago...



And my hotel was right beside Gino's Pizza, where there was always a line of tourists waiting outside in the crippling heat.



I hate crippling heat and Chicago style pizza. If you hate Chicago style pizza too (ie, it sits in your stomach like a wet mitten and never digests), then go to Osteria Via Stato instead (which is just a few blocks away) and get the caprese salad and sausage pizza. Both are amazing.

I thought I made pretty good caprese salad. Turns out, no. My caprese salad sucks compared to the oven roasted tomato sweetness of this caprese.




While I was there I visited the Sears Tower the Willis Tower, as in, 'Whatch-you talkin' 'bout, Willis.'



If you're going to rename a tower (or anything really) I'm in favor of naming it after a sitcom character. I mean, I always knew Mr. Drummond had a lot of money, but wow... a whole tower! And it sure beats calling it the Papa Johns Pizza Tower, or whatever.

I also saw someone triathlon training a body floating in the lake.



And a tiger.



But my favorite part of the trip was seeing my old college pal Sandy...



Who had me meet her at a biker bar...

Where she had a plate of deep fried bacon waiting for me...



This is one of the many reasons we've been friends for 15 years, she just gets me, you know.

No comments: