Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend In Pittsburgh



This is the view from the top of the Duquesne Incline in Pittsburgh. It cost us $7 total to take the car 400 feet up the side of Mount Washington (formerly, and better, Coal Hill) at a 30 degree grade. I counted 12 bridges from where I stood, spanning the Ohio, Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers.

It was very cool and picturesque. I wish only that we'd had more time to eat in one of the restuaurants that afforded the same view.

But the rest of trip was taken up with Ikea (woo hoo!) and Reds versus Pirates game (boo).

I took lots of video at Ikea with Gonzo, my hand-held surreptitious partner-in-crime. The particle board shoppers were none the wiser. They probably thought it was an iPod. I got a new dresser. My life will be totally different now that my dresser drawers won't fall onto my legs whenever I need a pair socks.

We also watched the Reds blow the Saturday night game. It started to rain around the 2nd, so we walked around PNC Park instead. The best part of the game was watching some guy get kicked out and man-handled by security. I didn't see what he did to deserve the boot, but the security guy seemed overzealous to me. Then again, I always find that to be true. The guy at least got a few shots of beer to splatter in the security guard's face, though. Good stuff.

Ooh. Almost forgot! My Tall Drink of Water and I stayed at the Omni William Penn downtown, where Gina DiSalvo and her equally Italian named man were getting married. So until about midnight on Saturday we got the pleasure of hearing a bad cover band (That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it!) play above us in the Grand Ballroom.

No comments: