Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another Shoe Dream

Only last night instead of shoes, it was boots.

I dreamed of a single pair of bright indigo winter boots, with a few inches of matching indigo fur at the top. They were tall and had seams sewn into the shiny boot material, creating little blocks all around the upper.

"These are the boots I searched for all winter," I thought.

Perhaps my recurring shoe dreams are about more than my desire for awesome footwear.

I Googled dream symbolism and got a few returns, including "shoes represent your approach to life." This must mean my approach to life includes colorful flats, heels and boots. Maybe I'm practical.

Or this, "To see new shoes in your dream suggests that you are overconfident in your success. Alternatively you may be on a life path that is unfamiliar to you."

It's certainly not the former because I'm hardly successful (read: widely published, respected and rollin' in it) nor overconfident about my minimal success (I got a job and healh insurance), but it could be the latter. My life path has always been a mystery to me, even as I'm in the midst of it.

Other interpretations are that shoes are symbols for direction in life, of being grounded, positive changes and, thank you Freud, sex.

Weee!

No comments: